[ Home Page ]    [ History ]    [ The Project ]

Project Log:  Saturday, February 5, 2011

I took the weekend off, but I couldn't resist the urge to install one final section of tabbing on the after fuel tank platform.

With the main structural tabbing at the sides now cured, I could safely lie over the platform to install a single-layer section at the aft end, where the platform met the short after bulkhead.  While this tabbing would naturally add a bit of extra support, my main purpose in choosing to install it was to provide a clean corner that wouldn't catch water or debris over the years to come.

With a little more time to kill, I checked the fit of the new Cutless bearing that I'd ordered based on my earlier measurements of the stern tube and housing.  I'd slightly bent the aft end of the tube during some earlier work, so I straightened that out and slipped in the bearing, which seemed to fit well.  The bearing specifics were 1-1/2" outside diameter, 5" length, and 1-1/4" shaft diameter (Johnson/Duramax model "BIND").

Total Time Today:  1.25 hours

< Previous | Next >

The Motorsailer Project
Site design and content ©2010-2015 by Timothy C. Lackey.  All rights reserved.

Please notify me of broken or missing links or other site issues.
You can always find every day's project log links on The Project page.

Questions and comments | Home Page
V1.0 went live on 8/26/10