[ Home Page ]    [ History ]    [ The Project ]

Project Log:  Saturday, December 29, 2012

After beginning the day by lightly sanding the new varnish in the forward cabin, I got to work on the remaining sections of overhead there, around the forward hatch in the coachroof.  With the tight, uncomfortable working conditions in the full-size berth, with no room available for standing, I looked forward to finishing these sections.

As before, I used narrow strips of scrap luaun (OK, this junk isn't really luaun, but it's what I get when I order luaun...) to create templates of the two pieces needed to fill the space, divided down the boat's centerline.  At the forward edge, with its curved profile, I used angled pieces glued to the template to replicate the shape there.



With the templates complete and out of the way, I cleaned up and applied another coat of base (gloss) varnish to the cabin trunk and chainlocker.



Total Time Today:  3 hours

< Previous | Next >

The Motorsailer Project
Site design and content ©2010-2015 by Timothy C. Lackey.  All rights reserved.

Please notify me of broken or missing links or other site issues.
You can always find every day's project log links on The Project page.

Questions and comments | Home Page
V1.0 went live on 8/26/10