[ Home Page ]    [ History ]    [ The Project ]

Project Log:  Sunday, June 3, 2012

I didn't spent a lot of time on the boat, but wanted to continue the structural work on the new steering cylinder support.  After preparing the surfaces in the usual way, I installed three layers if biaxial tabbing beneath the support platform, tying it in with the bulkhead and giving it significant support from beneath.  I discovered as I started wetting out the pre-cut layers with epoxy that I'd used my pattern the wrong way, so the material was "upside down", as it were; I didn't want to waste the resin, and it didn't really matter which direction the material faced in this instance, so with the mat side facing out, the end result was a little rattier looking than usual.  I'd clean that all up, as usual, once the fiberglass cured.

In the main cabin, I deemed the varnish work acceptable and removed the tape, grateful to finally have the finishing complete in that space.



Total Time Today:  1 hour

< Previous | Next >

The Motorsailer Project
Site design and content ©2010-2015 by Timothy C. Lackey.  All rights reserved.

Please notify me of broken or missing links or other site issues.
You can always find every day's project log links on The Project page.

Questions and comments | Home Page
V1.0 went live on 8/26/10