[ Home Page ]    [ History ]    [ The Project ]

Project Log:  Tuesday, March 25, 2014

To secure the battery box tops in place, I purchased stainless steel draw latches.  These particular latches were not load rated, and I intended them only to hold the tops in place securely--not to withhold the batteries themselves.  The battery tops would be an inch or two below the lids, and I planned some internal restraints to secure them.  That would come later, once I had the batteries on hand.

The latches fit into the outside corners of the box, and I installed four on each box to hold the lids securely.


The paintwork in the head was complete, so I removed the masking tape.  Now I could move on with final installations here.


Total Time Today:  .75 hours

< Previous | Next >

The Motorsailer Project
Site design and content ©2010-2015 by Timothy C. Lackey.  All rights reserved.

Please notify me of broken or missing links or other site issues.
You can always find every day's project log links on The Project page.

Questions and comments | Home Page
V1.0 went live on 8/26/10