[ Home Page ]    [ History ]    [ The Project ]

Project Log:  Sunday, March 18, 2012

The weather, with record warmth scheduled, was far too nice to spend the day inside, but I managed to complete a few tasks before moving on to unrelated outdoor chores.

To begin, I removed the now-dry curved trim from the edge of the binnacle mount.  The piece retained its shape nicely, and I decided to cut and soak a new piece to replace it, since wedging it in place to dry as I had before meant I didn't need the fasteners I'd begun to install originally.


I recut a trim blank to replace the damaged, too-short one from yesterday, and completed the milling operations to allow the trim to slide over the top of the longitudinal bulkheads in the pilothouse.


Meanwhile, I trimmed the bungs covering the fiddle trim fasteners (leaving the two in place next to the curved trim for wedging).


Finally, after a couple hours' soak time, I bent and wedged the slim cherry trim in place over the binnacle mount.  I used a piece of tape to help pull the centermost section tightly into place.

Total Time Today:  1.5 hours

< Previous | Next >

The Motorsailer Project
Site design and content ©2010-2015 by Timothy C. Lackey.  All rights reserved.

Please notify me of broken or missing links or other site issues.
You can always find every day's project log links on The Project page.

Questions and comments | Home Page
V1.0 went live on 8/26/10